Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mrs.Klock's Class Animoto

Mrs.Klock's Class Animoto

This is a brief Animoto with my class.  The first segment features cute close ups of each student.  The second was our Stone Soup Celebration.  We read the Folk Tale, Stone Soup and reenacted the story.  Each student contributed something for the soup and we had enough to share with the principal, and two other third grade classes.  The final section of the Animoto are pictures of our MAPPs pals.  MAPPs stands for Matching Areas and People Project and it is through EASTCONN.  MAPPS explores the themes of place and belonging for 3rd-graders and promotes a sense of pride in students’ communities through orienteering and map-building activities. The program runs strictly through a interdistrict grant.  When we meet with our friends we do great friendship, Social Studies, and Technology lessons. What do you think? What additional  ideas do you have for using Animoto in my classroom?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the background template and music you selected to accompany these photos of students. Did you know you can embed the Aninoto right into a blog post? Thanks for sharing. I am going to take a look at the other two Animotos. What do you think of Animoto? How do your students react to the tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I saw the embed option in Animoto but haven't learned how embed it to my blog. I am hoping to learn that tomorrow. I love Animoto! I couldn't stop once I started. I even passed the word to my colleagues. My students had fun searching for their own pictures. I was so excited to share the Animoto to the parents too. They responded that it was very nice to get a glimpse into their child's day in such a today kind of way. They like that events can be shared that they aren't able to participate in. They watched it over and over. My 3rd graders loved it as well. They wanted to watch it over and over. I plan to create more after we go to our friendship school and Valentine's Day. What a fantastic tool!

    ReplyDelete