Sunday, February 12, 2012

Second Blog for Class 3


I chose to explore Digital Storytelling because I find it interesting and I see how it could motivate my class to enjoy literacy. I examined and found that it is definitely a tool that I will use in my classroom. I saw the Digital Story titled Imagine on GoAnimate made by a student and the ideas came pouring in. I would love to create a lesson for inferencing. Inferring is a difficult comprehension strategy for most students. I tested this lesson on my daughter, who is also in third grade. I know...How convenient! When the image and phrase came up I asked to to make an inference based on the image. Then she compared the text answer to her own. It was cute because she was often correct in her response. For my class implementation I would project the GoAnimate video and pause it for either discussion, or for them to respond in their journal or on a whiteboard. Inferring is a weak skill for my class and getting them to use a visual representation rather than only my direct instruction will be fun. Later, if time permits, we can create our own GoAnimate on Inferencing.  A couple of her comments were "Love at first sight" for the True Love Happens phrase and "Peace not war" for the Help Always Comes phrase.  I can see how this will bring out teachable moments of discussion.  
http://www.catawbaschools.net/schools/Oxford/staff/Rachel_Lamb/Web%20Page%20Library/Reading%20Resources.aspx 


No comments:

Post a Comment