Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Blog About How is Technology Changing

How Technology is Changing School Blog
https://www.google.com/


I found it really interesting that Gov. Schwarzenegger from California is seeking for ways to incorporate digital books in the classroom rather than textbooks will help solve the states deficit problem.  I can only hope that more schools will follow suit.  Yes, it would save money, paper, toner, and clerical expenses.  More prominent of a factor for me, as the teacher, is the time it takes to copy all the materials that I need for the week.  I spend at least 2.5 hours in the copying room.  Time I could be spending on creating fun and engaging lessons, or helping Tier 2 students.  Our school did not purchase consumable workbooks for my grade, but other grades got all the consumables they asked for.  There is no definite amount each grade gets for budget.  Administrators can be subjective and allow certain grades to have more.  Do you feel this is fair and what could a teacher with no say on how budget is spent address this issue without sounding like a complainer?  


https://www.google.com/
I can imagine the future when all students can access any online text, activity, game, or reference with a handheld devise.  Just imagine...it's spring, the warm sun is beating down on your head as you teach our class with the latest downloaded digital book.  All reading in the fresh air and enjoying learning.  Mobile learning is extremely inviting and seems like it would be a great motivator for students.  



**See the video below for how one teacher uses handhelds in the classroom.  

2 comments:

  1. I wrote about using Tablets, Nooks Kindles etc in place of college texts but the idea of less copying as an elementary teacher didn't even occur to me! To think of the time I would save not having to stand in the copy room line...oh the things I could do instead! Just being able to send a link or upload an app to my students would be such a time savor and much more interesting to them. It would save paper and decrease the worksheets being sent home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We absolutely have to brainstorm ways to get teachers OUT OF THE COPY ROOM! Bravo, Governor.

    ReplyDelete