Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Discussion Wiki

http://www.google.com/
As Krysta and I work together on our digital story, we learned that we are both reading Charlotte's Web to our classes.  We had talked about creating a Wiki for our classes to gain experience with using a Wiki.  My class has a Wiki with their MAPPs pals and they love to post comments and different ideas to it, but why not create another one with their Symmetry buddies.  We've been pleased with their collaboration and how they interact with one another.  Watching them guide each other has been wonderful.  I see many of my former students take on a leadership role as they help my students extend their learning.  In the coming weeks, after we  complete our Digital Story, be on the lookout for the Charlotte's Web Wiki!  : >)

2 comments:

  1. I wrote to Krysta that I think the idea of the cross-class wiki is excellent, especially since your students already know how to use a wiki. I was not sure if the 4th graders in Michelle's class would catch on, but your post has convinced me that it is not only possible, but that even 3rd graders can handle the tool Go for it. How nice that both of you can collaborate to complete two course projects: brillant of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, but I really like the idea of wiki space pen pals! It would take out the wait time and you could still stress the letter form if you are going to be using this as a letter writing activity.

    ReplyDelete