Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Diigo


http://www.google.com/

         I am a newbie when it comes to Diigo, but I am finding it useful.  I've bookmarked several sites that are used regularly in my class, such as Spelling City, ixl, and Thinkfinity.  There are also sites listed that I use regularly such as Superteacher worksheets and the Harcourt Reading site.  I like the organized way to save regularly visited sites, and using the highlighter option.  Sometimes I forget that I am able to save sites that I like to my Diigo, I guess the more I use it the more I will remember that I can.  It is a work in progress.  I've begun to save useful sites for the Digital Story Krysta and I are doing together on Symmetry.  It's a great way for her to gain access to sites I found and can quickly see the portion I found useful because I highlighted within the site.  I am not sure what to do with the post-it option.  Has anyone used this feature?  How would I use it and what have you used it for?  
                                             Here is the link to my Diigo.



This is a great link on how to use Diigo in the classroom.  It is more for older learners, but I found it interesting.  I embedded it from Youtube.  What do you think?  Have you introduced Diigo to your students?

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    Diigo is new to me as well and not having a classroom, I don't find myself using it as exciting. BUT I can see the usefulness of this site. I like that we can share our libraries with others, but I feel like I am not yet using it to the fullest. I am glad you are finding it useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am new to Diigo and have bookmarked a few sites that I have used in the past that relate to teaching a foreign language. Like you, I forget I can bookmark sites-but I am slowly remembering!

    ReplyDelete