Thursday, April 19, 2012

Skype with Mr. Gwaltney

Last Weeks Skype with Mr. Gwaltney and His A.P. Students
I was impressed with last weeks lengthy Skype with Professor G and his four students.  The ladies were articulate in their explanations as to why their online course with Mr. G is working for them.  They explained how they need to be extremely flexible and organized in order for the collaborative assignments to be successful.  I can only imagine how scheduling and planning are key.  Krysta and I had to rearrange several days in order to complete our Digital Story.  Then I think of how it must be to work around several schedules and from people from different time zones too!  Must be tricky.  Next I think of the wonderful Google Docs, which I have come to LOVE!!!  They mentioned how Google Docs is their chosen way to stay organized and share ideas.  Yes, I can see how using Google Docs would make the process of collaborating and assigning tasks much less time consuming.  Also, I found their opinions on online communication vs. classroom communication to be truthful and understandable.  I can think my answers through before typing them in for others to view.  I had a few friends take A.P. classes when they were in High School but the classes were at a community college.  I have seen technology advance to what it is today.  How far it has come!!!  When I mentioned the Skpe to my 15 year old son, I asked him if he would take online A.P. classes and he said, 'Yes".  Who knows maybe one day he will be Skyping with you Judy???




3 comments:

  1. Why wait. Send your son Skyping with our class next week? Now that you have Skype at home, it would be interesting for him to share with teachers his ideas about using Skype in schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ask him if he will Skype with us. He's really into technology. and is leaning towards the field for his profession. I'll let you know his response. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'd love to, but he's attending a Confirmation Preparation class and mass. Both are mandatory for him to make his Confirmation on May 19th. Maybe another night?

    ReplyDelete