Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Final Course Reflection


Final Course Reflection


For my final course reflection blog I wanted to try a Web 2.0 tool that had interested me throughout this course but I hadn't had a chance to try out.  So yet again I signed up for another trial.  This comic was made using Bit Strips.  I very quickly made it and I had fun creating!  The alphabet is 3 letters W-E-B! I'm the teacher and a colleague is complementing my blog.  Everyone now knows at my school that I am a blogger:) Then one student asks a question...everyone answers how they love Web 2.0 tools.  Learning is fun when students can choose and create, develop and deside!  I have yet another tool I plan to use in my class.  I learned so much throughout this course.  I am utilizing multiple technology tools and am aiming to "flip" my classroom in the near future.  I love blogging and if my schedule permitted more free time, I would blog more frequently.  I enjoyed Skyping with the various teaching professionals and learned a great deal from our conversations.  When I brought back a new way to incorporate the computer into the classroom, their enthusiasm increased noticeably.  My daughter was the guinea pig...trying everything out so I could test it before trying it with my class.  It was perfect because she's the same age.  Now she always wants my laptop:)  My class collaborated so nicely when using technology.  They worked well with Mrs. Parisen's class and the end result was a Digital Project that impressed our principal, parents, and colleagues.  They are so proud of their project!  We are currently adding to our class MAPPs Wiki.  Next year I want to create a Wiki or Weebly for my class.  I'll work on the design and details over the summer.  Hard to believe the semester is over...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a chance to try Bitstrips. Your students will likely like it, too. Now that you have experimented with a variety of tools, you can reflect on which ones best support your literacy curriculum. And, yes, summer is coming, and you should have time to explore and experiment. I try to use my husband as guinea pig, but an elementary-school student would be so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried doing a BitStrips for my last posting as well. It was very fun and easy to use. I can really see how third and fourth graders would enjoy using this site as part of a project.

    ReplyDelete