Thursday, April 19, 2012

Literacy Project

Literacy Project - Class Voki's

 The first thing I did with my class was show them what a Voki is.  We did this as a whole group in the computer lab.  I projected on the Smartboard the Voki website and the steps to create their own Voki's. Then I shared a personal Voki I created, and one that my daughter created.  This sparked their interest!  Then they really couldn't wait to get their own Voki started. I gave them a time limit to create their personal Voki, because they would use up the whole day experimenting with styles.  They wrote out their personal narratives, then edited and typed into their text space for their Voki.  While listening to their Voki read they learned that they could change the way certain words sounded by respelling it.  


Click below to view a sample Voki:)


My daughters Voki that I used as a model for my class. - Megan


Here are some links to my students' vokis.  Enjoy!!!

Student Voki Personal Narrative - Bella
Student Voki Personal Narrative - Dustin
Student Voki Personal Narrative - Lindsay
Student Voki Personal Narrative - Jacob
Student Voki Personal Narrative - Krissy


There are many more....we are still working on these:)

No comments:

Post a Comment